( Martin Cooper)
WHO CREATE THE MOBILE PHONE ?
- Cooper invented the first handheld cellular mobile phone
- Martin “Marty” Cooper (born December 26, 1928) is an American engineer.
- He is a pioneer in the wireless communications industry, especially in radio spectrum management, with eleven patents in the field.
- Cooper is co-founder of numerous communications companies with his wife and business partner Arlene Harris
( Biological cell )
WHY IS MOBILE PHONE IS CALLED CELL PHONE ?
- The world cellular, as it describes phone technology, was used by engineers Douglas H. Ring and W. Rae Young at Bell Labs.
- Cellular was the chosen term because each tower and its coverage map looked like a biological cell.
- Eventually, phones that operated on this type of wireless network were called cellular phones.
( April 3rd 1973 )
WHEN WAS MOBILE PHONES INVENTED ?
- In 1983, Motorola released its first commercial mobile phone
- Motorola DynaTAC 8000X was the first ever created phone model
- In 1983, the first mobile phones went on sale in the U.S. at almost $4,000 each.
( radio transmitter and radio receiver )
HOW CELLPHONE WORK ?
- cell phone is essentially a two-way radio, consisting of a radio transmitter and a radio receiver.
- When you chat with your friend on your cell phone, your phone converts your voice into an electrical signal
- which is then transmitted via radio waves to the nearest cell tower.